Copperhaven School is a K-9 school located on the far west side of Spruce Grove. Our school community strives to be a warm and welcoming environment filled with people committed to achieving Parkland School Division’s ultimate goal, Student Success and Well-being.
At Copperhaven School, we have created a literacy-rich environment filled with authentic opportunities for all learners. Our students develop and apply knowledge, skills and attitudes for successful learning, living and working.
We focus on learning and citizenship, and this means our staff engage in the process of continuous and ongoing assessment and feedback to ensure the concepts taught have been learned. Additional time and support are provided for all learners to succeed.
Our school is located at the far western end of Grove Drive. Our address is 151 Grove Drive West, Spruce Grove, Alberta.
Unique Features of Our School
- Active, involved School Council
- Support from The Boundary Ridge Fundraising Foundation
- Strong emphasis on collaborative problem solving and teaching students how to make positive choices
- Bring Your Own Device initiative for Grades 5-9
- Diverse complementary course program for Grades 7-9
- Middle Years sports teams in volleyball, basketball, running, track & field, and badminton
- Inclusive environment with support staff involved in whole school initiatives
- Music program for K-6, band program for Grades 7-9, choir programs
- Engaged school counselling
- Early Literacy Intervention Program
How We Define Success for Our Students
We define success in multiple ways at Copperhaven School. We want to see our students engaged in productive work. We want our students to maintain a safe and clean environment and we want them to learn to share our school space effectively.
Success for our students means they will meet their full academic potential, so that they are prepared for the next level of learning.
What We Believe
We believe that we share our responsibility for the education of Copperhaven students with our community. Drawing from our family and community partnerships, we aim to give our students the foundation to become positive, productive, responsible citizens.